Start your Los Angeles area historic theatre explorations by heading to one of these major sections:
Downtown | Hollywood | Along Wilshire | [more] L.A. Movie Palaces | Theatres In Movies
To see what's recently been added to the mix visit the Los Angeles Theatres Facebook page.

The Ivar Theatre After Dark

I'd never even wondered what the Ivar in Hollywood looks like at night and I know I'd never driven by in the evening when a show was on.

I figured the Ivar Theatre page deserved an update last week after I found this uncredited 2002 night view while searching, of course, for something completely different. You'll also a few more new Ivar-related items on the page.

I did learn that the photo was taken as a result of the 2002 facade upgrade designed by artist Kunio Ohashi.

So, the question is: what's happening now at the Ivar? Anyone care to drive by and make a report? I tried calling all the old phone numbers I had for the place and found them all re-assigned.

Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment