The Rialto Theatre
The Rialto, at 1023 Fair Oaks Ave. in South Pasadena, was designed by Lewis A. Smith for C.L. Langley, whose theatres soon became part of the growing West Coast Theatres chain. The Rialto opened in 1925 and in its later exhibition years was a revival house for Landmark Theatres. They still have a lease but closed the operation in 2007. There's a preservation effort afoot but progress has been slow. The 30s photo comes from the Friends of the Rialto Facebook page that's curated by Escott O. Norton. See our page on the Rialto Theatre for more information and photos.