The Palace and the Los Angeles in 1959
A lovely view of the bright lights of Broadway as we look south in 1959. The Los Angeles Theatre (an S. Charles Lee design from 1931) is on the right with the Palace Theatre on the left.
The Palace, a design of G. Albert Lansburgh and Robert Brown Young, had originally opened in 1911 as the Orpheum. Follow the links above to our web pages for many photos of each building.