Start your Los Angeles area historic theatre explorations by heading to one of these major sections:
| Downtown | Hollywood | Westside | Westwood/Brentwood | Santa Monica | [more] L.A. Movie Palaces |
To see what's recently been added to the mix visit the Theatres in Movies site and the Los Angeles Theatres Facebook page.

Exploring San Pedro Theatres

Well, I couldn't resist. I was wandering the stacks at the California State Library in Sacramento when I spied a nice run of San Pedro city directories. So I was on the floor for an hour taking notes.

The new San Pedro and Wilmington Theatres page is the result. I also explored the Cinema Tour and Cinema Treasures listings for the area and collated their data with info I had from the library.

Except for the Granada in Wilmington and the Warner Grand (shown here in a 2007 view) it's all gone.

Photos of the vanished theatres seem to be scarce. Let me know if you're aware of any I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment