Start your Los Angeles area historic theatre explorations by heading to one of these major sections:
Downtown | Hollywood | Westside | Westwood/Brentwood | Santa Monica | [more] L.A. Movie Palaces |
To see what's recently been added to the mix visit the Theatres in Movies site and the Los Angeles Theatres Facebook page.

Another Look at the Avalon

Have you checked out the Facebook page "Vintage Los Angeles"? Well, Alison Martino curates a delightful daily nostalgia fest with thousands of interested Angelenos looking at photos of their past. New adventures daily.

I'm a newcomer to the page so I had some serious catching up to do. About 1,600 photos to joyously look through. And two of those inspired me to take another look at my Avalon Hollywood page and give it an update.

You'll find the two views from Vintage Los Angeles at the bottom of the right column. One is a rare view looking south on Vine toward Hollywood Blvd. in the late 40s or early 50's -- before Capitol Records was built.

All the vintage views I've seen are going the other way -- looking north up Vine towards Hollywood Blvd. So take a peek. But it's not done -- I'm always looking for more photos. Are there any in your attic? The view here of the entrance is one I took last year.

Check it out: the updated Avalon Hollywood page | Alison's Vine Street photo |

No comments:

Post a Comment