Start your Los Angeles area historic theatre explorations by heading to one of these major sections:
| Downtown | Hollywood | Westside | Westwood/Brentwood | Santa Monica | [more] L.A. Movie Palaces |
To see what's recently been added to the mix visit the Theatres in Movies site and the Los Angeles Theatres Facebook page.

"Cimarron" at the Orpheum

I thought I'd seen all the great photos of Broadway in the USC Archives but I've come across several lately that were new to me. And delightful.

I was searching with the keywords "studio theatre" as I was working on a page about the Studio in Studio City. I didn't find what I was looking for but, among other strange finds, this Dick Whittington Studio view of the Orpheum came up.

It's 1931 and we're across the street for the Richard Dix and Irene Dunne picture "Cimarron." A click on the image will get you to the full view on the USC website. The "huge stage show" includes a "mighty male chorus" and augmented orchestra. Let's go!

Lots more views of the theatre are on the ever expanding Orpheum Theatre page.

No comments:

Post a Comment