The Arcade Theatre
The Arcade, at 534 S. Broadway, is a 1910 building by the firm then known as Morgan and Walls, later with the addition of Stiles O. Clements to become Morgan, Walls and Clements. It opened as the Pantages, the first for the chain in the city. The 40s vintage photo from the Theatre Historical Society appears in Jose Huizar's Bringing Back Broadway album on Flickr. See our Arcade Theatre pages for many more views of the theatre. This one, sadly, seems to be the only surviving vintage view of the auditorium.
By Ezra F. Kysor and Octavius Morgan:
Grand Opera House, 110 S. Main St. (1884)
By Morgan and Walls:
Arcade Theatre, 534 S. Broadway (building and theatre, 1910)
By Morgan, Walls and Clements:
With the addition of Stiles O. Clements, the firm had became Morgan, Walls and Clements.
El Capitan Theatre, 6838 Hollywood Blvd. (building only, theatre by G. Albert Lansburgh, 1926)
Belasco Theatre, 1050 S. Hill St. (1926)
Music Box Theatre, 6126 Hollywood Blvd. (1926)
Masque Theatre, (Vagabond/Hayworth) 2511 Wilshire (1926)
Mayan Theatre, 1038 S. Hill St. (1927)
Wiltern Theatre, 3790 Wilshire (building only, theatre by G. Albert Lansburgh, 1931)
Leimert Theatre, now the Vision, 2241 W. 43rd Pl. (1931)