The Palace Theatre
The Palace, at 630 S. Broadway, opened in 1911 as the Orpheum. The theatre was designed by the San Francisco based architect G. Albert Lansburgh with Robert Brown Young. The two balcony theatre ran two-a-day vaudeville until 1926 when the circuit moved down the street into their new larger home (still called the Orpheum), also designed by Lansburgh. The photo is a 1911 view in the collection of the Los Angeles Public Library. See our pages on the Palace Theatre for many more views.