The Shrine Auditorium
The Shrine Auditorium, in the USC area at 665 W. Jefferson, opened in 1926. The building itself, a replacement for an earlier one damaged by fire, was designed by John C. Austin and A. M. Edelman. But the vast tent-like auditorium that was the main attraction, was by G. Albert Lansburgh. The 1926 photo by Keystone Photo Service is in the collection of the Los Angeles Public Library. See our Shrine Auditorium page for many more views.