The Warner San Pedro
Maybe Warner Bros. liked what they ended up with second hand when they acquired the Pantages at 7th & Hill in 1929, known after they reopened it as the Warner Bros. Downtown Theatre. In any case, they hired B. Marcus Priteca to design three neighborhood theatres for them, all in the 1500 seat range. The Warner San Pedro, seen here in a Los Angeles Public Library photo, opened in 1931. The other two were the Warner Huntington Park and the Warner Beverly Hills. The San Pedro house now a performing arts center owned by the City of Los Angeles known as the Warner Grand. See our web page on the Warner Grand for lots more data.