The Metropolitan Theatre
Grauman's Metropolitan, at 6th and Hill Streets, was Los Angeles' largest movie palace with 3600 seats. The house opened in 1923, was renamed the Paramount in 1928 and, sadly, was demolished in the 60s. The photo by Kopec is in the collection of the New York Public Library. Edwin Bergstrom designed the monumental retail and office building, William Lee Woollett designed the theatre. See our Metropolitan Theatre page for many more views.