The Warner Hollywood
The Warner Hollywood, at 6433 Hollywood Blvd., is a 1928 creation of G. Albert Lansburgh. It's almost an atmospheric. The auditorium has a ceiling dome (once with projected clouds) and a side colonnade with murals behind -- but no twinkling stars. This pre-opening photo comes from the Los Angeles Public Library. In the 50s it became the Southern California home of Cinerama and was later triplexed. It now sits vacant with its last operator, Pacific Theatres, still owning the building. We'll see what's next. Our Warner Theatre pages have many photos of this magnificent building.