The Beverly Theatre
The Beverly, just north of Wilshire on Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills, was an exotic Chinese themed design by Lewis A. Smith that opened in 1925. The photo is from a 1928 issue of Motion Picture News about theatres decorated by Robert Powers Studio. See our page on the Beverly Theatre for more about the theatre. Sadly, after years as a clothing boutique and bank, the building was demolished in 2005.