The Ravenna Theatre
The Ravenna, which opened in 1925, was at 233 N. Vermont Ave. This Spanish style 798 seat neighborhood theatre was a design by Richard D. King for the Chotiner circuit. The photo comes from a February 1928 article in Motion Picture News about theatres decorated by the Robert Powers Studios. See the listing on the main page of our [more] L.A. Movie palaces site for more on the Ravenna Theatre, sadly demolished in the 80s.
More by Richard D. King:
Hermosa Theatre, Hermosa Beach (1923)
Symphony Theatre, Compton (1924)
Fox La Brea, 857 S. La Brea (1926)
Lomita Theatre, Lomita (alterations, 1925)
Fox Parisian, 803 S. Vermont (alterations, 1930)