The Belasco / Follies Theatre
This postcard view gives us a vista north on Main St. toward the Belasco (on the left) at 337 S. Main. The card, a find of Ken McIntyre on the Facebook page Photos of Los Angeles, is a pre-1913 view as by that time the theatre had been renamed the Republic. By 1919 it was called the Follies, the name it would stick with. It opened in 1904, a design of A.M. Edelman, and stuck around until 1974. See our Follies Theatre page for many more views.