| map |
Opened: 1913 or earlier. It's on the south side of the street at Pico and Fedora St. That's two blocks east of Normandie. It's in the 1913 city directory as the Pico Heights Theatre at 2698 W. Pico. In the 1914 city directory the address is listed as 2696 W. Pico.
In the 1915 city directory it's called the Family Theatre (at 2698). It's the New Family in the 1918, 1919 and 1922 directories. In the 1921 and 1923 directories it's the Fedora Theatre. In the 1926 city directory it's called the Star Theatre. It was called the New Star Theatre in the 1927 directory. It's not in the 1929 directory. Closing date is unknown.
Status: The building still exists and dates from 1905. It's been converted to retail use, a "Discount Center." The photo is a 2011 Google Maps view.
A side view on Fedora St. Photo: Google Maps - 2011
| back to top | Westside theatres | Hollywood | Westwood and Brentwood | Santa Monica and Venice | Westside theatres: alphabetical list | Westside theatres: by street address | Los Angeles theatres - the main alphabetical list | theatre history resources | film and theatre tech resources | welcome and site navigation guide |